Study Subjects: Any English-taught graduate program
Scholarship Level: Postgraduate (masters, doctoral)
Scholarship Provider: NTUST, Ministry of Education
Scholarship can be taken at: Taiwan
This Financial Aid is Available to International Graduate Students Enrolled in English-taught Programs at the National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (NTUST). It is made available to international graduate students for the purpose of globalizing the campus by attracting outstanding graduate students from abroad. The sources of this financial aid are the university’s endowment fund and subsidies from the Ministry of Education.
- College graduates or graduate students from abroad applying for admission to our graduate programs as full-time students may apply for one year’s financial aid.
- Near the end of their first academic year, students may apply for the renewal of the financial aid for their next year of graduate study by submitting the following materials: the previous year’s transcript, a report on or examples of their research output, and a letter of recommendation from their faculty advisor.
- Students who have already received financial aid from the R.O.C. government or other academic sources are not eligible to apply to this particular financial aid program; however, they may still receive an educational subsidy for any work performed.
All International Students enrolled in English-taught graduate programs at the National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan.
Duration of Scholarships
- Master’s program scholarships: maximum two years
- Ph.D. program scholarships: maximum three years
- Master’s fast –track to Ph.D. program scholarships: maximum four years
For a scholarship recipient, in addition to a waiver of tuition and fees for that year, a monthly stipend of NT$10,000 is granted to a master’s program student, and a NT$15,000 monthly stipend is granted to a doctoral student upon their enrollment.
Number of recipients
Will be decided each year based upon the university’s annual budget.
Method of Application
- All in-coming students must submit all the documents required of foreign applicants for admission, including official transcripts of graduate and/or undergraduate programs attended, letters of recommendation, a physical examination certificate and an official language test score (TOEFL or its equivalent).
- Returning students should submit a scholarship application form, the previous year’s official transcript, a report on or examples of their research output, and a letter of recommendation from their faculty advisor.
- In-coming students should file a financial aid application form at the same time they submit their application for admission.
- Before the expiration of their current scholarship, returning students should submit a financial aid application form to their department or graduate program office no later than the scholarship application deadline announced by the university.
- For in-coming students, the announcement of the aid recipients will be made after the applications are evaluated through their department or graduate program, the Office of Academic Affairs, and the Financial Aid Evaluation Committee of the Office of Student Affairs.
- For returning students, the announcement of the aid recipients will be made after the applications are evaluated and recommended by their department or graduate program to the Financial Aid Evaluation Committee of the Office of Student Affairs.
- The suspension and cancellation of scholarships: If a student temporarily withdraws or is expelled from or permanently leaves the university, the university will automatically suspend his/her scholarship and cancel his/her scholarship status.
- Deductions: A student in financial difficulty may apply to have the university deduct registration fees, insurance fees, dormitory fees and other required fees from the scholarship stipend, either all at one time or in installments, before issuing the remainder of the stipend to the student.
- These guidelines go into effect upon approval by the Administrative Council. The same is true of any revisions.
Application deadline for Spring / Fall semester is November 30th / May 31st in each year. We don't accept late application.
For further inquiries, the mailing address is:
Office of International Affairs
National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (NTUST)
43 Keelung Road, Section 4, Taipei, Taiwan 106
FAX : 886-2-2730-1283
Scholarship Application Deadline: 30 November / 31 May each year
Scholarship Open to International students: Yes (see 'Eligible Groups' above)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Other Scholarships at NTUST