Course(s) Offered: Sciences
Course Level: Fellowship, Research, Training
Country to Study in: India
This fellowship programme is jointly instituted by the Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) Bangalore and the Centre for International Co-operation in Science(CICS), Chennai to encourage mobility of scientists from developing countries.
The Fellowship covers short-term research, training or participatory research work in physical, chemical or biological sciences in reputed scientific institutions in India including JNCASR.
The programme has attracted young scientists from developing countries all over the world to visit Indian centres of excellence for research training and collaborations.
Applicant must be a scientist, teacher or a research scholar affiliated to a scientific or academic institution in a developing country in Asia (other than India), Africa, Latin America and Arab region. Applicants below 45 years of age are eligible to apply.
All conditions being satisfied, applicants meeting the following criteria will be given preference over others.
- Applicants who have proven academic excellence
- Innovation and novelty in the proposed research work
- Relevance of training to the parent institution and the home country as endorsed by the recommending authority
Scientists, teachers and research scholars from ALL developing countries in Asia, Africa, Arab and Latin America.
Reputed scientific institutions in India including the JNCASR.
Fields of study
Short-term research, training or participatory research work in all areas of physical, chemical, and biological sciences.
The duration of the fellowship is for 3 months and it is obligatory on awardees to spend this full period utilizing the Fellowship to derive maximum benefit.
The fellowship covers:
- international return air fare by the shortest route by economy class from the place of work of the candidate at his/her country to the host institution in India,
- boarding, lodging (for the individual only) at the affiliated institution and other subsistence expenses in the form of an adequate allowance in Indian currency.
If you are eligible and interested, you may download the prescribed Application Form from the official website (link to it is below).
The list of enclosures to accompany the application:
- A detailed curriculum vitae containing the date of birth & age, applicant's research interest and experience, publications (only those in referred journals), present position, scientific affiliations, awards and scholarships etc.
- A detailed write-up describing the proposed research work.
- Two passport size photographs
- Copy of degree certificate for highest qualification
- A letter of consent from Parent Institution
Hon. Director, CICS, No. 2, Gandhi Mandapam Road, Chennai-600 025, India.
The last date for receipt of the applications is 30th April and 31st October in a calendar year
The prescribed application from MUST be downloaded from the official CICS website: http://www.cics.tn.nic.in (active link is below)
Applications should be forwarded by an appropriate authority.
Applicants should possess a valid passport.
Selected candidates must obtain permission/leave from their parent institutions.
Selected candidates must obtain Indian visa for the proposed period of work upon advice from CICS.
Dr(Mrs) Ganga RadhaKrishnan FRSC,
CICS, 2, GANDHI MANDAPAM ROAD,
CHENNAI 600 025, INDIA.
Tel: 91 44 244 30228
Application Deadline: 30 April / 31 October 2014
Open to International Students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Scholarships in India for International Students