Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Graduate (masters, post-masters)
Country to Study in: South Africa
The President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Fellowship Programme was launched in response to the growing need for scarce skills human capacity development in HIV and AIDS care and treatment programmes within South Africa.
The PEPFAR Fellowship Programme offers an exciting opportunity for masters' level graduates and students who have completed 80% of their Masters course work to be placed with HIV and AIDS service organizations (PEPFAR Partners) within South Africa.
Only South African citizens and permanent residents are eligible to make application to The PEPFAR Fellowship Programme, however Non South African candidates can send in their CV's for future reference should The PEPFAR Fellowship Programme expand into Africa.
The following must be fulfilled:
- Have their masters qualification or be in final year of studies with one exception to HMIS Applicants who can apply at level of either BCom or Masters in Medical or Health Informatics
- Be a South African Citizen or have permanent resident status with an official Identity Book. Should you be a non South African candidate, please send us your CV and Cover Letter and we will make this available to our host organizations for consideration outside our fellowship programme.
- Once your full application has been received, your profile will be on our data base for placement consideration. Should a position correspond to your profile we will contact you, otherwise you will stay on our data base until such time.
Currently, citizens of South Africa.
In future, ALL Africans IF the programme expands into Africa.
HIV and AIDS service organizations (PEPFAR Partners)
Fields of study
Final year Masters level students or Masters level graduates with specific focus on the following Masters degree fields:
- Public Health
- Health Economics
- Health Informatics
- Health Policy
- Computer Science/Information Technology
- Social Work
- Development Studies/Community Development
- Human Resources
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- HIV and AIDS
- Social Science with experience or knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation
The PEPFAR Fellowship Programme currently provides funding for up to 45 placement opportunities on an annual basis.
Salaried positions are available throughout South Africa with the focus on scarce skills.
Method of Application
If you are interested in making an application, kindly complete the following application as soon as possible.
To apply, download an Application Form or alternatively apply online here.
Upon completion of this form it can be emailed back to them together with your C.V., a copy of your identification document, copies of your qualifications, proof of registration for a Masters degree as well as police clearance.
Intakes are annually scheduled for January/February, June/July and October.
The fellowship currently has numerous available positions, each of which has been listed on the official website (link to it is below).
For more information please contact:
Tel: 012 816 8305
Fax: +27 086 567 0289
Application Deadline: Rolling / Ongoing
Open to International students: No (ONLY South Africans)
More Fellowship Information and Application