Course(s) Offered: Public health
Course Level: Graduate (masters i.e. MA)
Provider: Erasmus mundus
Coutry to Study in: Several Europe countries
Population health is a universal concern which transcends cultures, languages and systems.
Students from all around the world with different subject backgrounds are welcome to apply for the MA in European Public Health Scholarships.
In 2010, the European Commission renewed the ERASMUS MUNDUS label for the EUROPUBHEALTH course. This badge of excellence places EUROPUBHEALTH amongst the best existing Masters courses in European higher education. The ambition is to continue to welcome students from a wide range of disciplines coming from all over the world.
The European Masters programme EUROPUBHEALTH is an innovative and adapted answer to the challenge of training outstanding international professionals to work in this important sector.
If you wish to embark on or further your career in public health, Europubhealth is ideal.
The Master program provides a high level education in public health issues.
Europubhealth Masters course is supported by the Erasmus Mundus programme launched by the European Commission in early 2004.
1). Admission criteria for EUROPUBHEALTH Masters courseThe application procedure and selection process are the same for all candidates, regardless of whether they come from European or third countries.
Interdisciplinary by nature, Europubhealth is open to students with diverse but complementary profiles drawn from medical sciences (including doctors, nurses, pharmacists) or social science backgrounds (including, for example, sociology, economics, psychology, anthropology, geography, political sciences, law).
To be eligible, applicants must fulfil the following conditions agreed by the Consortium:
- Having at least a university Bachelor degree (180 ECTS) or certified equivalent in one of the disciplines mentioned in the access profile and being able to provide a copy of this diploma when applying on line or by the latest before the programme begins.
- Studying full time during the two years of the Master course.
- Being proficient in the languages suitable for the mobility combinations chosen (English; English+Spanish; English+French; Spanish+English+French):
- Being able to provide a copy of language tests less than one or tree years old for the required languages. To know more about minimum required language level, see the "language" section in the web page describing the Master course.
- Choosing a mobility combination in countries that are different from the one where the student passed his university degree
- Submit a complete on-line application, together with all supporting documentation required (diplomas, certificates, language certificates, letters of recommendation, etc) before the deadline.
2). Erasmus Mundus grantsERASMUS MUNDUS offers scholarship to students for studying abroad.
To be eligible for the grant, the students must choose a combination of pathway that allows them to spend their study period in, at least, two of the European partner countries which must be different from the country in which the scholarship holder has obtained his/her last university degree.
Eligibility criteria for category A grants:
- To be a citizen of a "third-country", meaning all country other than:
a EU Member State;
a EEA-EFTA state (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway)
- not residing in any above mentioned country;
- to have not carried out his/her main activity (studies, work, etc.) in any of the above mentioned country for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years (from the 28/02/2009 to the 28/02/2014).
- Individuals who have already benefited from a ERASMUS MUNDUS scholarship are not eligible
- Students benefiting from a ERASMUS MUNDUS scholarship cannot benefit from another Community grant while pursuing their ERASMUS MUNDUS master studies
- The number of applications must be limited to a maximum three different joint ERASMUS MUNDUS Master programmes.
- Student must have at least a university bachelor degree (180 ECTS) or officially recognized equivalent and be able to provide a copy of this diploma when they apply on line.
- Study full time during the two years of the Erasmus Mundus Master course Europubhealth
Eligibility criteria for category B grants:
Category B grants can be awarded to any students selected by Europubhealth consortium and who do not fulfil the Category A criteria defined above. Basically, students stemming from an European Union country or non-European students who have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc.) in Europe form more than a total of 12 months over the five last years.
Citizens of ALL countries worldwide
Students will train at several of the prestigious European universities delivering the programme:
- EHESP School of Public Health (France) - coordinator of the programme
- University of Rennes 1 (France)
- Andalusian School of Public Health - University of Granada (Spain)
- University of Copenhagen, (Denmark)
- Jagiellonian University in Krakow (Poland)
- School of Health and Related Research of the University of Sheffield (UK)
- American Mailman School of Public Health of New York (USA)
- Institut d’Etudes Politiques of Rennes (France)
Fields of study
The Europubhealth's objective is to train professionals and future decision makers in the field of public health, providing them with international experience, conceptual knowledge, analytical techniques and interdisciplinary competences.
Its main goal is to enable students to improve the health of specific population groups and the population as a whole through :
- The designing, planning, implementation, advising and assessment of health prevention and promotion programmes.
- The management of health and social services and establishments.
EUROPUBHEALTH has the objective to enrol a yearly intake of 40 students.
Europubhealth is an integrated 2 year Masters course (120 ECTS credits).
As a rough guide, the amount of the grants (May 2012, subject to EACEA final confirmation) for the current EUROPUBHEALTH intake 2013-2015 is:
- 47,000 € for the two year masters course for Category A students
- 22,500 € for the two year masters course for Category B students (including potential mobility grant of 3,000€ for third-country partner institution)
- 19,500 € for the two year masters course for Category B students (without the mobility grant)
The EUROPUBHEALTH Master application form should be filled in on-line and completely in English with all supporting documents uploaded.
VERY IMPORTANT: Please read the instructions for candidates document before starting the registration.
Application procedure for EM grants:
The application procedure for the ERASMUS MUNDUS grant is done during the application procedure for the Europubhealth Masters course through the web link APPLY HERE.
Students or professionals who are applying for an Erasmus Mundus MA in European Public Health Scholarships should send their application form before the 31st December of each year.
Application deadline for Erasmus Mundus scholarship applicants is 10 December 2013.
Application Deadline: 31 December 2013
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Health Scholarships for International Students