Course(s) Offered: Approved fields
Course Level: Graduate (British PhD)
Provider: University of Nottingham
Country to Study in: Ningbo China, UK
Do you want to be part of a world-leading community? The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) is offering several scholarship opportunities for bright postgraduates to earn British university PhDs in China.
A significant number of full and partial scholarships covering tuition fees and living costs are available for exceptionally qualified candidates. However, scholarships only apply to FULL TIME applicants.
The University is reluctant to take in part time applicants, although exceptionally talented applicants will be offered a place.
Applicants must have received an offer of a place to study and be full-time students registered at UNNC.
- Scholarships will be awarded to candidates on the basis of their academic credentials, with the continuation of the scholarship from year to year subject to performance and other conditions
- Candidates must satisfy the University’s minimum English language entry requirements
- Applicants will be expected to submit a detailed research proposal, which will be taken into account in the selection process.
The scholarships are for FULL TIME students, from any nationality, registered at UNNC
The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC)
Field(s) of study
Any PhD (Research Degree) Programme offered at the University across its three faculties – Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences and Science & Engineering (at least four scholarships are available for candidates who wish to pursue a PhD in Business or International Economics related fields)
Number of awards
At least 15 PhD Scholarship opportunities
For up to three years
The value comprise:
- Full scholarships include tuition fees and a monthly living allowance for up to three years, comfortable on-campus accommodation is also available for successful candidates
- Each PhD student is assigned two supervisors, one based at The University of Nottingham in the UK and one at UNNC
- Joint scholarships offered by UNNC and The University of Nottingham UK are available for PhD students who need to conduct their research in China as well as the UK
Scholarship applicants should e-mail Peter Chen at the UNNC’s Recruitment and Admissions Office for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone him on +86 (0)574 8818 1063
The Research Scholarships Deadlines are as follows: Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship for Research Excellence - 9 March 2012 AND Dean of Engineering Research Scholarship for International Excellence - 29 June 2012
For more resource, you may see the Scholarship Frequently Asked Questions.
For more information, please contact:
- Recruitment & Admissions Office
The University of Nottingham
Postal address: Office 255 - 260, Main Building, 199 Taikang East Road, Ningbo, 315100, China
tel: ++86 (0)574 8822 2460
fax: ++86 (0)574 8822 2483
- International Office:
C Floor, International House
The University of Nottingham
Jubilee Campus, Wollaton Road
Nottingham, NG8 1BB, UK
telephone: +44 (0) 115 951 5247
fax: +44 (0) 115 951 5155
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application