- Information and Communication Technologies
- Environmental Technologies
- Materials Science and Manufacturing
- Natural & Physical Sciences
- Modelling and Digital Science
- Information and Communications Technology
Only students who register as full-time students and who are proceeding into the FIRST year of the degree are eligible. Students who will register in 2011 for a 2nd year of Masters or 2nd or 3rd year of PhD are INELIGIBLE. Only students who will register for study in one (or more) of the areas of study shown above are eligible.
Value of Awards
Honours – R60,000; Masters – R70,000; Doctoral – R80,000 per annum
Honour’s – strictly 1 year; Master’s – 2 Years – Second year renewable on proof of satisfactory progress, and Doctoral – 3 Years – Second and third years renewable on proof of satisfactory progress.
Please Note: Renewals are NOT guaranteed and will depend on the availability of funds and academic progress.
- Academic Merit. The Scholarships will be granted on the basis of academic merit.
Applicants must have achieved at least 60% for their final undergraduate majors or the Honour’s degree)
- Area of study, Only students who will register for study in one (or more) of the areas of study shown above
Particular consideration will be given to equity
- A letter of application addressed to the Director of the PGC&FO, UCT and a completed Application Form available from the Postgraduate Funding Office or from URL: http://www.uct.ac.za/apply/funding/postgraduate/applications/
- A one A-4 page CV giving the future intentions of the applicant.
- 2 letters of reference from academics who have taught/supervised the applicants in the past three years
- All original or certified copies of university transcripts (do not include certificates), including those of the applicant’s undergraduate degree(s).
- Proof of acceptance of the student into the proposed academic department, in the form of a brief letter/statement from the Faculty Manager.
- Master’s and Doctoral applicants – A copy of the applicant’s abstract of the proposed study (no longer than ONE A-4 page) and an indication that a Supervisor has been secured and that the research proposal has been accepted by the Department.
- Applicants must be prepared to enter into a contract with the CSIR in which the student undertakes to enter into employment with the CSIR for at least the tenure of the scholarship held, provided that suitable vacancies exist within the CSIR
- Short-listed Applicants must be prepared to undergo interviews with officials from the CSIR
The Director – Postgraduate Centre & Funding Office,
University of Cape Town
by no later than 31st august 2010
Late, inappropriate and/or incomplete applications will be disqualified
Enquiries: email@example.com or Telephone – 021-650-2211
More Scholarship Information
TIP: Use the 'Study & Scholarships search' box above and below on this page to search