Course(s) Offered: Media management
Course Level: Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
Country to Study in: South Africa
The Sol Plaatje Institute for Media Leadership (SPI) at Rhodes University’s School of Journalism and Media Studies invites applications for four scholarships from Southern African students.
The applicants must be those who wish to register for the SPI’s Postgraduate Diploma in Media Management (PDMM) in 2012.
Only South African students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Applicants should ideally have completed an undergraduate degree from a recognised university.
Experienced media practitioners with diplomas in journalism or mass communication studies will also be considered.
Citizens of countries of Southern Africa.
The PDMM is a one-year FULL-time programme designed to provide people working in the media industry with skills and knowledge they need to perform more effectively in their organisations and to fast-track their careers to management positions.
Sol Plaatje Institute, School of Journalism and Media Studies, Rhodes University; South Africa
Fields of study
Postgraduate level studies in Media management - Postgraduate Diploma in Media Management (PDMM).
The PDMM is equivalent to an honours degree and combines rigorous theoretical and practical grounding.
The diploma is composed of eight compulsory modules covering:
- media economics and financial management;
- media markets, audiences and advertising;
- managing media content;
- managing circulation and distribution;
- media management and leadership;
- media management contexts, policy and institutions;
- new media and convergence; and
- human resources.
The programme is for one-year fulltime
The scholarships cover full accommodation at Rhodes University, the PDMM tuition fees, medical insurance, books and stationery and a small subsistence allowance
Method of Application
Students wishing to apply for these scholarships need to:
- Complete the Rhodes University’s standard Honours Application form and the New Student form. Alternatively, they can request these application forms from SPI, telephone no: +27-046-603-8851.
- Submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae, including contact details
- Submit a certified academic transcript; and
- Submit a 1000-word letter of motivation, which explains why the student is interesting in doing the PDMM; how the PDMM will assist the student’s career and why the student believes she/he qualifies for the MTN scholarship.
Monique Senekal (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Or faxed to her at +27-046-622-9591, clearly indicating which scholarship the student(s) is applying for.
You may read the complete 2012 Call for Applications (pdf).
The Scholarship Application Deadline is September 30, 2011.
No late applications will be considered.
The PDMM scholarships are sponsored by MTN.
Application Deadline: 30 September 2011
Open to International Students: No
Further Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Scholarships in South Africa for Students