Course(s) Offered: Any program
Course Level: Graduate (masters, fellowship)
Provider: The AUC
Country to Study in: Egypt
The African Graduate Fellowship is a competitive fellowship program for bright, highly motivated African students interested in pursuing a master’s degree at AUC.
Each year, fellowships are offered to nationals of African countries (not including Egyptians) for full-time study (9 credits or more) in any of the graduate programs offered at AUC.
The eligible candidates must fulfill the following:
- African non-Egyptian nationals
- Bachelor of Art or Bachelor of Science degree with a minimum overall rating of 'very good', an overall GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent.
- Satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application, needed documents, and any needed additional test scores (GMAT for MBA applicants, GRE for Economics, Economics in International Development, and Journalism and Mass Communication applicants) as per AUC's graduate admissions requirements.
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or an IELTS exam score as per the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions. For the current cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions, visit the official website via the link provided below.
Citizens of African countries (EXCEPT Egypt)
The American University in Cairo (AUC), Cairo; Egypt
Fields of study
All available graduate programs offered at AUC
Number of awards
Fellowships are awarded for two academic years and the intervening summer session.
The Award value includes:
- A waiver of tuition fees.
- A monthly stipend of LE 1,200.
- Student services and activities fee.
- Graduation fees.
- Medical service and health insurance fees.
- A monthly housing allowance of LE 1,250.
- In support of their professional training fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic or administrative work.
This is a 2-step process:
- Step 1: Download and submit the AUC graduate application form
- Step 2: Submit the online fellowship application form
Applications and all supporting documents should be submitted by December 15.
Selection is made in April. Fellowships begin the following September.
The American University in Cairo (AUC) is a premier English-language institution of higher learning. The university is committed to teaching and research of the highest caliber, and offers exceptional liberal arts and professional education in a cross-cultural environment.
AUC builds a culture of leadership, lifelong learning, continuing education and service among its graduates, and is dedicated to making significant contributions to Egypt and the international community in diverse fields.
For inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 15 December 2013
Open to International Applicants: No (ONLY non-Egyptian Africans)
More Scholarship Information and Application