Course(s) Offered: Computing, Technology
Course Level: Attend conferences
Provider: Google Inc.
Country to Study in: Worldwide
As part of Google's ongoing commitment to encourage women to excel in computing and technology, the company is pleased to offer the Women in Tech Conference and Travel Grants for female computer scientists.
The travel and conference grants is to encourage more female computer scientists to attend and participate in research conferences.
To be eligible for a conference grant candidates must:
- Be a female working in or studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a technical field related to the conference subject
- Have a strong academic background with demonstrated leadership ability
- Attend the core day(s) of the main conference
Female citizens of ANY country worldwide
All accredited institutions worldwide in the field of Computing and Technology
Fields of study
For the complete list of eligible conferences for which you may apply this grant to, please see the official "Women in Tech Conference and Travel Grants" website (link to it is below)
Number of awards
Not specified by Google
To encourage attendance at technical conferences, Google will be offering the selected winners grant benefits as outlined below.
Award winners will be chosen from the applicant pool to receive:
- Free registration for the conference
- Up to 1000 EUR towards travel and accommodation costs (to be paid after the conference)
Ensure that you apply for the grant well before the indicated deadline date for the Travel/Conference you wish to attend. Note that Google will notify you on your application outcome 3-4 weeks before your travel and conference.
To apply by the indicated deadline, send e-mail to email@example.com containing:
- subject heading "2013 Google EMEA Travel and Conference grant" plus the name of the conference you wish to attend
- your full name and e-mail address
- current address, contact phone number and copy of photo ID
- your CV
- 1-page statement (no more than 600 words) about why you wish to attend the conference and why attending it is important to your research, work, and/or future career
Google does not appear to have a fixed deadline date for this grant, so you can apply at any time, but it is only relevant for conferences chosen by Google which will be announced in the new year.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by email, approximately 3-4 weeks prior to the event.
If you are selected, you will receive additional information on how to register for the conference and how to receive your travel grant.
For any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: Rolling/Ongoing
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Grants and Awards for International Students