Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Masters
Country to Study in: Any AfDB member country
The African Development Bank offers internship programmes to students from its member African countries currently undertaking their masters’ programme at any recognized public or private institution.
The broad objectives of the program are to: i)Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank; AND ii)Provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes. However applicants should not expect the internship to lead to immediate employment with the AfDB.
To be eligible for internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be students, aged between eighteen (18) to thirty (30) years, and currently enrolled in a master’s level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning. The candidate can apply for an internship within one year of having obtained such a degree.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment.
- Be citizens of one of the Bank’s member countries.
- Be fluent in, at least, one of the Bank’s working languages (English or French).
Citizens of member countries of the African Development Bank. Include:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé & Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
All recognized public or private institutions of higher learning
Fields of study
Internship Programme in relevant fields for Masters Students
Number of awards
Not specified, but several will be given
Internships will initially be for a period of three months, renewable for up to six months (maximum)
Interns will be provided with a monthly stipend of 550 UA
(Units of Accounts - AfDB moving average exchange rate applicable in March 2013 was 1 UA= $1.53070 = 1.18404 Euro = 2.40833 TND).
Interns are responsible for their travel fare to and from the location of their internship, for their visa if applicable. They are required to have international medical insurance coverage for the duration of their internship.
Method of Application
Applicants are required to apply on line. Please note that only complete applications will be processed (all information requested on line should be provided).
Applicants are also requested to attach:
- A comprehensive CV and a cover letter.
- Copy of the latest Degree or equivalent.
The timing for the 2014 program is as follows:
- Winter - Session I: February through April 2014. Application period from 1st July 2013 to 15th September 2013.
- Summer - Session II: June through August 2014. Application period from 1st December 2013 to 15th February 2014.
This internship programme is offered every year. However, you will NOT be able to apply EXCEPT within the official application period (please see 'DEADLINES' above for this).
Only complete applications will be processed. All information requested on the application page should be provided.
All enquiries regarding the internship program should be addressed to:
Human Resources Management Department
African Development Bank
P.O.Box 323-1002 Tunis-Belvedere, Tunisia
FAX: (+216) 71 83 14 72 or E-mail: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 15 September 2013 / 15 February 2014
Open to International students: Yes (ONLY eligible students)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Internships for African and Developing Country Students