Gani Fawehinmi Foundation Annual Scholarship Awards
Course(s) Offered: Any field
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board
Country to Study in: Nigeria
Each year, the Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board announces Four Million Naira Scholarships For Nigerian Students in Nigerian tertiary institutions of higher learning.
Applications are invited for the Chief Gani Fawehinmi Annual Scholarship for Nigerians Awards.
This year’s award is for twenty (20) students, each of whom will receive One hundred Thousand Naira (N100,000) for their education.
Eligibility/Criteria for Award
To be eligible:
- Applicant must be poor and indigent.
- Applicant must be registered students of Tertiary institutions in Nigeria i.e Universities, Polytechnics and College of Education.
- Applicants must have good academic performances.
Citizens of Nigeria ONLY
ALL accredited Nigerian tertiary institutions of higher learning: universities, polytechnics and colleges of education
Fields of study
All courses of study offered at ALL participating institutions
Number of awards
Twenty (20) will be given out
The Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship award is a onetime financial award
Each of the twenty (20) scholarship winners will each receive One hundred Thousand Naira (N100,000)
Method of Application
To apply, follow the steps below:
- Each applicant shall submit an application letter, not more than two pages. The letter must include the name of the candidate, course of study, year of study, state of origin, and why the candidate believes that he/she should be given the scholarship award.
- The application letter must be accompanied by:
- A photocopy of the candidate’s current Identity card.
- A letter from the candidate’s current Head of Department, including correct information of the candidate’s CGPA for the last academic session.
- A letter from the Registrar certifying that the candidate is a student of such institution.
- A copy of the candidates registration form for the current semester.
- Two (2) current passport photographs.
- Students who have once won the scholarship are not eligible
The application letter, with all the supporting documents, should be forwarded (by hand or by postal delivery) to:
Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board
Nigerian Law Publications House
Otunba Jobi Fele Way, C.B.D
Alausa Ikeja, P.O.Box 80279, Lafiaji, Lagos;
The Application Deadline for Submission is 25th August, 2013
This is an Undergraduate Scholarship for Nigerian Students
SCHOLARSHIP INTERVIEW DETAILS
The Interview date for the previous past 2012/2013 session award was as follows:
- Owerri: 27th August, 2012 at ASUU Secretariat, Owerri at 10am
- Abuja: 3rd September, 2012 at ASUU National Secretariat, Main Campus, Permanent Site, University of Abuja, Airport road at 10am
- Lagos: 12th September, 2012 at Nigerian Law Publications House, Otunba Jobi Fele Way, C.B.D Alausa, Ikeja Lagos at 10am
Application Deadline: 25 August 2013
Open to International students: No (ONLY Nigerians)
Chairman, Chief Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board.