Scholarship Subject: Orthopedic Surgery
Scholarship Level; Postgraduate Award, Fellowship
Scholarship Provider: POSNA/COUR
Scholarships can be taken at: USA
The Children’s Orthopedics in Underserved Regions (COUR) committee of the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America (POSNA) has allotted $10,000 per year, in their International Scholarship Program, for scholars to attend the POSNA annual meeting or IPOS meeting. We also hope that the recipients will be able to spend an additional period of time at local/regional institutions to supplement their educational experience.
Goals/intent of this program::
- To have 4-6 orthopedic surgeons from developing nations attend the POSNA Annual Meeting or International Pediatric Orthopaedic Symposium (IPOS) with funding support (maximum of $2,500/scholar) for travel and meeting registration on an annual basis under the guidance of POSNA and a sponsoring POSNA member.
- Facilitate short term visit of the International scholar to pediatric orthopedic centers in North America by identifying interested local hosts / institutions.
Nominees should be from a resource challenged environment, have a need for financial support, have the majority of their practice in pediatric orthopedics, and ideally be a leader in his or her community. In particular, the potential applicant should:
- Be a practicing orthopedic surgeon in a developing nation
- Not have received a received a POSNA COUR fellowship in the past 5 years
- Be directly involved in the care of children with orthopedic problems
- Complete an Application form for the COUR International scholar’s program
- Identify a sponsoring POSNA member
- Agree to complete a feedback form regarding his/ her experience as a COUR scholar
Scholarship Application Deadline: November 1 - Deadline for completed application from sponsor and from applicant. December 1- COUR committee reviews entire application and chooses scholars. December 15- Sponsor and applicant are notified of decision. January 1-Scholar confirms that they will attend the meeting for which they are selected. Scholar communicates their travel dates including pre/post observership(s).
For detailed information on Timelines; responsibilities of the Applicants, Sponsors, POSNA and COUR committee, see the link below.
More Scholarship Information and Application