Course(s) Offered: Science, engineering or information technology
Course Level: Postgraduate (masters, doctoral)
Provider: Masdar Institute
Country to Study in: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Masdar Institute in Abu Dhabi, UAE; accepts applications from qualified local and foreign students.
Acceptance into the programs depends on academic qualifications and English proficiency, as all lectures, laboratory sessions, and written/oral examinations at the Institute will be conducted in English.
All successful applicants to Masdar Institute are offered a scholarship which provides full financial support.
Entry Requirements for masters:
- A relevant undergraduate degree in the fields of science, engineering or information technology
- A minimum CGPA of 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0) or equivalent (2nd class upper in the British system)
- A minimum GRE Quantitative score of 155 (7-- on the old scale).
- A minimum TOEFL score of 91 (Internet based) or equivalent paper/computer based TOEFL, and a minimum academic IELTS score of 6.5.*
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 or equivalent
- A relevant undergraduate and master degrees in the fields of Science, Engineering or Computing and Information Science
- GRE scores - The minimum score required on the GRE Quantitative is 155 (700 on the old scale).
- High TOEFL (or academic IELTS) score. The minimum TOEFL score required is 91 (IBT) on the international TOEFL. The minimum academic IELTS score required is 6.5.
- Statement of Objectives
Postgraduate students from all nationalities
Masdar Institute, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Fields of study
The masters courses will be the available eight fields including:
- MSc in Chemical Engineering
- MSc in Computing and Information Science
- MSc in Electrical Power Engineering
- MSc in Engineering Systems and Management
- MSc in Materials Science and Engineering
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering
- MSc in Microsystems Engineering
- MSc in Water and Environmental Engineering
Whole duration of course of study
The scholarship will provide full financial support. It is available to students from all nationalities, and include all tuition fees, laptop, medical insurance, housing, travel expenses, and a cost of living allowance.
Method of Application
Before proceeding to apply online, please note that you will be required to fill in essential information and at some stage you will be asked for the following information which you may wish to prepare now before proceeding:
- Copy of your undergraduate/graduate transcripts (scanned)
- Copy of your statement of objectives (PDF format)
- Copy of your GRE and TOEFL (or IELTS) score (scanned)
- Copy of your CV (PDF format)
- JPEG passport sized photo of not more than 100K in size
- Name and email address of 3 referees to whom the school will write to for letters of reference (your chances of admissions are better if the email addresses of your referees are university email addresses and not common yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc. addresses)
Applicants for the PhD program are required to write a brief proposal for research outlining in general terms, the scope of their research and naming at least three potential advisors, from the Masdar Institute faculty, for this research. Faculty and their research interests can be found on the website (please see link to website below).
Copies of documents submitted do not have to be original or certified true as yet. If you are accepted, it will be conditional subject to submission of all necessary original documents by the first day of classes.
You may apply on the official web site (please see link to it below).
Applications normally open in November and tend to close the following 31 May. However, the admissions process may close earlier if all slots are filled before then.
It may be useful to download the application form to understand the information you need to prepare before proceeding with the online application.
After submission of your application, you will see a screen with your ID and password which you should print for your reference. Check the status of your application periodically on that page. Please note that if you submit an application without uploading at least your undergraduate transcripts and statement of objectives it is automatically rejected.
In the online application, applicants can also indicate if they wish to apply for the IRENA scholarship. (The benefits of the Masdar and IRENA scholarship are exactly the same. IRENA scholars have additional talks and programs organized by IRENA)
If you encounter difficulty submitting the application online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information: Browser and version, Error message received, AND Name of files you attempted to upload.
Application Deadline: 31 May 2013
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application