Course(s) Offered: Bible studies
Course level: Graduate (postdoc, fellowships)
Country to Study in: Africa
The Centre for Bible Interpretation and Translation in Africa (CEBITA) awaits applications for a postdoctoral fellowship for 2010.
The candidate will do research on a full-time basis on the theme: “The Bible between academy and faith communities”. This exploratory study will investigate the modes of interface between academic and non-academic engagement with the Bible.
- Doctoral degree in Old Testament or New Testament or Bible-related specialisation field which was obtained not more than five years ago (or alternatively, official proof that the requirements for a doctoral degree have been met successfully).
- Proven research capability;
- Skill in qualitative research methodology;
- Proven interest in the modes of interface between academic and non-academic reading of the Bible;
- Fluency in Afrikaans and English;
- Proven knowledge of internet and website maintenance.
- Doctoral degree preferably obtained at another university than the University of Stellenbosch;
- Knowledge of another South African language.
Targeted at African nationals.
Stellenbosch University, in South Africa
Fields of study
Bible studies research on a full-time basis on the theme: “The Bible between academy and faith communities”
Number of awards
A scholarship of R156,000 will be awarded for 2010. (Should the expected research outputs be delivered and progress be made in 2010, the fellowship may be extended for another year.)
Method of Application
Applications must be accompanied by requested documentations. Please see official website for complete list of required documents. Consult the official site (link found below) for the most current Call for Application AND other application procedures.
Closing date for applications is as stated below
Inquiries: Contact Prof Louis Jonker (email@example.com) or 021 808 3268.
Commencement of fellowship period: Preferably 1 March 2010, or as soon as possible afterwards.
Application Deadline: 31 January 2010
Open to international students: Yes (ONLY Africans)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in South Africa for South Africans and non-South Africans