Course(s) Offered: Engineering fields, science, management, humanities, arts, and law
Course Level: Graduate (PhD)
Provider: Chinese Government
Country to Study in: China
The Chinese Government Scholarship Program is to sponsor the international students and scholars to study and research in Chinese universities or colleges.
The establishment of the scholarship is to enhance the mutual understanding and friendship between Chinese and people all over the world.
All the friends from all over the world are warmly welcome to apply for the scholarship of Harbin Engineering University.
To be eligible for this scholarship award:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
- Education background and age limit.
- Applicants for master degree studies must have bachelors degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for Doctoral degree studies must have masters degree and be under the age of 40.
Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT China)
Harbin Engineering University (HEU), China
Fields of study
Doctoral level study and research in the fields available at HEU i.e. Engineering, Science, Management, Humanities, Arts, and Law
Number of awards
Not specified, several will be given out
Inquire from the provider/sponsors
Free fees in terms of registration, tuition, laboratory, internship and basic learning books; providing campus housing, living expenses, outpatient medical services, comprehensive medical insurance for international students and one-off settlement subsidy for new students after registration.
1. Medical Treatment Fees:
- Outpatient medical treatment service: the same outpatient medical treatment service as Chinese students;
- Students comprehensive medical insurance: to insurance in Beijing branch of Ping’an Insurance Company, which will undertake the hospitalization expenses of students’ serious illness in hospital, hospital care fees, death compensation, and so on, all could be paid by a third costs.
- All the books are for basic learning, not including reference books and dictionaries.
- Monthly living allowance is paid to the students by the International Students Section at the following rates (CNY per month)
- Bachelor degree students: CNY 1,400
- Master degree and ordinary training students: CNY 1,700
- Doctoral degree and advanced training students: CNY 2,000
- CNY 1,000 is for one term study students; CNY 1,500 is for one or more than one term study students.
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate):
- “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” (filled in Chinese or English). All applicants for this scholarship are required to fill in and submit the online application form. Applications through other methods are not accepted by CSC. Please print the application form after submitting it online. The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available on http://laihua.csc.edu.cn
The HEU University Code: 10217
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy): If applicants are university students or already employed, they should also provide documents of being university students or on-post employees. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
- Applicants for master or doctoral degree studies also need to provide relevant notarized transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
- A study or research plan in Chinese or in English with signature (no less than 800 words)
- Applicants overseas for master or doctoral degree studies must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors.
- Photocopy of passport
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months) filled in English. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take the medical examination.
The applicants should send their applications in time to the International Students Section of HEU before February 28, 2012.
All application materials must be provided in Chinese or English version, if not, other foreign language versions have need to be translated in Chinese or English (notarized).
Harbin Engineering University (HEU), established in 1953, is one of key universities in the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT). It is a comprehensive university combining a focus on engineering with science, management, humanities, arts, and laws.
The HEU is an important base for talents cultivation and scientific research in the fields of national defense, sea and ocean development, and nuclear power application as well as one of the universities to receive students covering Chinese Government Scholarship.
International Students Section,
Foreign Affairs Office, Harbin Engineering University
No.145-1, Nantong Street, Nangang District, Harbin,
Heilongjiang Province, 150001,
Application Deadline: 28 February 2012
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Scholarships in China for International Students