Course(s) Offered: Development and project management
Course Level: Masters (MA)
Provider: Brandeis University
Country to Study in: USA
Brandeis University offers the Poverty Alleviation and Development (P&D) Scholarship for the Master of Arts in Sustainable International Development.
The Poverty Alleviation and Development (P&D) Scholarship will be awarded to an early- to mid-career development planner committed to poverty alleviation and community development within the region of Southern Africa.
The Scholarship will begin in August 2011.
Early- to mid-career development planner committed to poverty alleviation and community development within the region of Southern Africa.
Nationals of the countries listed below will be considered
Citizens of the following countries:
Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Brandeis University; USA
Fields of Study
The P&D Scholar will join SID graduate students from over 40 countries for an interdisciplinary study of development and project management emphasizing poverty reduction, gender equality, human rights and biodiversity conservation.
The P&D Scholar will concentrate on theoretical and analytical skills in the year-in-residence at Brandeis University and then spend a second year in a supervised internship or field project.
Number of awards
The whole duration of studies
The P&D Scholarship includes full tuition and fees for the year-in-residence at Brandeis, and all university fees for the second year field project. It is a 100% Tuition and Fees Scholarship.
Airfare, health insurance, and living expenses are NOT included.
Method of Application
Applicants will apply for the Scholarship with a statement outlining their commitment to poverty alleviation in Southern Africa and submitting it with the application for admission. Nominations are encouraged from international and governmental development institutions and NGOs. Self-nominations are accepted, and women are especially encouraged to apply.
Nominators may mail, fax (781-736-2774), or email a letter of nomination to the Admissions Office (see 'Contact' below).
Applications (to be submitted by the applicant) should include:
- Letter of Interest in Southern Africa Poverty Alleviation & Development Scholarship
- Completed Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- Detailed Statement of Purpose describing career objectives and work experience
- Three original letters of recommendation (at least one professional and one academic) on official letterhead sent directly to the Admissions Office from the recommenders (These letters must be accompanied by a Brandeis University Recommendation Form)
- Original or certified true copies of transcripts from all university-level studies, sent directly to the Admissions office from each university (Transcripts in languages other than English must be accompanied by an official English translation)
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score report is required for all international applicants.
Applications must be submitted on March 1
The Heller School for Social Policy and Management
Office of Admissions
415 South Street, MS 035
Waltham, MA 02454
Application Deadline: 1 March 2012
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application - pdf
Related: Scholarships in USA for International Students