List of Examination Boards
Western Africa (Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, and the Gambia)
- West African Examinations Council (administers the WASSCE)
- National Examination Council (administers the NECO exam)
- Central African Examinations Council
- Umalusi Council (council for quality assurance in general and further education and training)
- Independent Examinations Board (IEB)
- Examinations in Australia are set by individual state authorities.
- In Victoria, examinations are set by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority.
- Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority (including the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) and Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE))
- In Poland there are few organisations, called collectively "Okręgowa Komisja Egzaminacyjna", shortcut: (OKE), this means County Examining Commission, but each other has added to the title "OKE", a name of the City where its headquarters is placed in.
- Poland is divided into few regions, and all education institutions, which are operating at the territory of one of OKE's - are automatically under ruling of it, except for Universities.
- Of course, there are legal possibilities to pass exams under other OKE than regional, but it's not often practised.
- Every OKE prepares its exams, according to the Ministry of Education annual guidelines.
- Every OKE prepares Exams for Primary Schools, Gymnasiums and Secondary Schools, except for Matura (which is just prepared by Ministry of Education, but carried out by OKE's examiners.
- OKE associates teachers from its region, provides them examiner trainings, set and pay salary for examining.
- Every OKE certify results, and provides students by Certificates, which are signed by current Director of OKE.
UNITED KINGDOMSee England, Wales and Northern Ireland; and Scotland below.
See also: Examination boards in the United Kingdom
England, Wales and Northern IrelandThe members of this list all provide A-Level and GCSE qualifications:
- SQA (including Advanced Highers, Highers and Standard Grades)
- Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board, which is a statutory board under the Ministry of Education (MOE) of Singapore.
- College Board (administers the SAT Reasoning Test, SAT Subject Tests, PSAT/NMSQT, Advanced Placement exams, and College Level Examination Program)
- ACT, Inc (administers the ACT)
- Law School Admission Council (administers the Law School Admission Test
- Uniform Certified Public Accountant Examination (developed and maintained by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, administered by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy)